Here is how
REDUCING HANDLING COSTS
- LABOR – Fewer people can handle more.
- MATERIAL – Less waste by more efficient handling.
- OVERHEAD – Which is represented by labor & material costs.
- PRODUCTION – Fewer steps saves time & more time means more production.
- STORAGE – by stacking material space is used & more material can be kept in the same floor space
- IMPROVED LAYOUT – Operations can be set – up on a continuous basis – makes for better housekeeping & more efficiency.
IMPROVING WORKING CONDITIONS
- SAFETY – mechanical handling eliminates difficult lifting, fewer hernias, back injuries & other strains.
- LESS FATIGUE AND ACCIDENTS Conveyors do the moving and the workmen the thinking.
BENEFITING COMPANY OPERATIONS
- Customer Service
- Shipping & Receiving
- Sales and Profits