Casters keep your business rolling, high quality casters increase worker productivity and reduce worker fatigue. When purchasing casters it’s important to choose the right bearing for the job. Bearings keep wheels moving freely and are a key to long lasting casters. Read about the different types of bearings below.
- Tapered Roller Bearings: Great for heavy duty and powered applications. Tapered faces handle harsh downward and side forces.
- Precision Ball Bearings: Excellent rollability, not intended for applications where side thrust is an issues. Ball bearings reduce maintenance costs because they are greased at the factory.
- Straight Roller Bearings:The standard in anti-friction bearings for industrial equipment.
- Plastic Bearings: Excellent for environments not suitable for metal. Resistant to chemicals and corrosion.
- Oiless Sleeve Bearings: Works well with light loads.
- Non-Precision Ball Bearings: Un-ground radial type suitable for light to medium duty applications.